Tellurian Announces Binding Open Seasons for the Haynesville Global Access Pipeline and the Delhi Connector Pipeline
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Tellurian (NASDAQ: TELL) announced today separate binding open seasons on two proposed pipelines that will connect areas of constrained shale production and debottleneck natural gas pipeline infrastructure, further enabling the rapidly growing industrial market in Southwest Louisiana.
- Tellurian’s subsidiary Haynesville Global Access Pipeline LLC is seeking to secure prospective shippers for a previously announced natural gas pipeline, the Haynesville Global Access Pipeline (HGAP). HGAP is expected to be a 42-inch diameter, approximately 160-mile interstate pipeline that will interconnect existing pipeline and production facilities in DeSoto Parish to the existing and proposed infrastructure located near Gillis in Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana. HGAP is estimated to cost just over one billion dollars to construct and will have the capacity to transport up to two billion cubic feet of natural gas per day (bcf/d). Construction is projected to begin in 2022, with an in-service date of mid-2023.
- Tellurian’s subsidiary Delhi Connector Pipeline LLC is also conducting a binding open season to secure prospective shippers for its newly proposed Delhi Connector Pipeline (DCPL). DCPL is expected to be a 42-inch diameter, approximately 180-mile interstate pipeline connecting the Perryville/Delhi Hub in Richland Parish, Louisiana to Gillis, Louisiana. DCPL is estimated to cost approximately $1.4 billion to construct and will have the capacity to transport at least two bcf/d of natural gas. Construction is projected to begin as early as 2021, with an in-service date as early as 2023.
These two binding open seasons are in addition to Tellurian’s previously announced Permian Global Access Pipeline binding open season.
President and CEO Meg Gentle said, “Tellurian has recognized the critical need we have in the United States for additional natural gas infrastructure that can leverage our country’s prolific shale resources. We are willing to invest and build a pipeline network that connects to key U.S. producing shale basins, detangling the existing pipeline and regional bottlenecks and facilitating the flow of natural gas to feed Southwest Louisiana’s growing industrial demands, which is estimated at 20+ bcf/d by 2025.”
- HGAP’s open season will begin at noon central time on Monday, April 29, 2019 and runs through Friday, June 21, 2019 at 4 p.m. Central time.
- DCPL’s open season will begin at noon central time on Monday, April 29, 2019 and runs through Friday, June 21, 2019 at 4 p.m. Central time.
- PGAP’s previously announced open season began on April 8, 2019 and runs through Friday, May 24, 2019 at 4 p.m. Central time.
Interested parties are encouraged to contact Joey Mahmoud, President of Pipelines or Mac Broderick, VP of Business Development at +1.832.962.4000 for more information.
About Tellurian Inc.
Tellurian was founded by Charif Souki and Martin Houston and is led by President and CEO Meg Gentle. Tellurian intends to create value for shareholders by building a low-cost, global natural gas business, profitably delivering natural gas to customers worldwide. Tellurian is developing a portfolio of natural gas production, LNG trading, and infrastructure that includes an ~ 27.6 mtpa LNG export facility and an associated pipeline. Tellurian is based in Houston, Texas, and its common stock is listed on the Nasdaq Capital Market under the symbol “TELL”.
CAUTIONARY INFORMATION ABOUT FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of U.S. federal securities laws. The words “anticipate,” “assume,” “believe,” “budget,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “initial,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “potential,” “project,” “proposed,” “should,” “will,” “would,” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements herein relate to, among other things, the cost, construction, capacity, timing and impact of HGAP and DCPL, the open seasons for certain Tellurian pipelines, and future natural gas needs. These statements involve a number of known and unknown risks, which may cause actual results to differ materially from expectations expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. These risks include the matters discussed in Item 1A of Part I of the Annual Report on Form 10-K of Tellurian for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2018, and other filings of Tellurian with the Securities and Exchange Commission, all of which are incorporated by reference herein. Plans for the HGAP and DCPL projects are in the early stages of development, and numerous aspects of the projects, such as detailed engineering and permitting, have not commenced. Accordingly, the nature, timing, scope and benefits of those projects may vary significantly from our current plans due to a wide variety of factors, including future changes to the proposals. The forward-looking statements in this press release speak as of the date of this release. Although Tellurian may from time to time voluntarily update its prior forward-looking statements, it disclaims any commitment to do so except as required by securities laws.
SVP Public Affairs and Communication
Director, Investor Relations
Source: Tellurian Inc.
Released April 29, 2019